Albuquerque Wrongful Death & Serious Injury Lawyers
Serving Individuals & Families Across New Mexico
Being seriously injured or losing a loved one in an accident or event caused by negligence or wrongdoing can be devastating and, in the worst cases, life-changing. These events can lead to physical, emotional, or financial hardship based on medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and more. You should not have to bear the financial cost or emotional toll alone involved in these events. Thankfully, state personal injury and wrongful death laws have been enacted to provide damages for what you have suffered and lost in these matters.
Ensuring that you receive fair and just compensation in claims or lawsuits, however, is not assured. Because you will mostly be dealing with the insurers of at-fault parties, you will often be subject to their tactics designed to pay you as little as possible. However, those tactics can be overcome when you have experienced legal representation from a firm that always prepares your case for trial and is ready to take your case before a judge and jury in seeking favorable results.
At Peifer, Hanson, Mullins & Baker, , P.A., our firm has a robust trial practice; we are known and respected for our litigation proficiency. We will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your case to gather and preserve critical supporting evidence. Our comprehensive case preparation is designed to put you in the strongest legal position for an optimum result, whether at the negotiation table or in court.
Serious Injury Cases in New Mexico
Serious injuries are commonly caused by negligence in preventable accidents or by intentional wrongdoing, as in cases of criminal attacks. These accidents and events are subject to personal law that allows you to file a claim against the other party or parties that caused or contributed to your injuries and losses.
Causes of serious injury can include but are not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents and other traffic accidents involving commercial trucks, buses, and riders on motorcycles and bicycles.
- Slip and fall accidents caused by safety hazards on private and public property as well as other premises liability cases.
- Dangerous and defective consumer products, such as pharmaceuticals, automobiles and their parts, tools, children’s toys and gear, household appliances, medical devices, and more. These cases fall under product liability.
- Medical malpractice in which medical practitioners, hospitals, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals deviate from accepted medical standards or make errors resulting in injury or illness to patients.
When filing a serious injury claim or lawsuit, you may be eligible for compensation based on the extent of your injuries and other factors. This can include your past and future predicted medical expenses, lost wages or income, property damage, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and additional costs related to those who have sustained permanent disability, such as from traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, severe burns, or amputations.
Wrongful Death Cases in New Mexico
Families who lose a loved one in a wrongful death often suffer the traumatic shock, grief, and loss of a preventable death. Any loss of a loved one is devastating but those that never should have happened in the first place can be even more overwhelming due to their senselessness.
At Peifer, Hanson, Mullins & Baker, we know that little can fully compensate for such losses. However, we can help you seek justice and a measure of closure through a wrongful death lawsuit against the other party.
In these cases, the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can file a lawsuit seeking damages to be paid on behalf of the family survivors or the estate. Family members generally include the surviving spouse, children, and grandchildren. Where these do not exist, they may be distributed to surviving parents or siblings.
These damages can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The decedent’s medical expenses incurred due to the accident or event that ended his or her life
- Pain and suffering of the deceased prior to death
- Lost income, inheritance, or benefits the decedent would have earned had he or she lived
- Household contributions of the decedent had he or she lived
- Emotional distress caused to a surviving spouse, children, or parents
- Loss of companionship, guidance, counseling, or consortium for surviving family members
Seeking Justice for Wrongful Death Cases
At Peifer, Hanson, Mullins & Baker, P.A., our team of experienced trial lawyers is dedicated to seeking justice for families who have lost a loved one due to wrongful death. We understand the immense emotional and financial toll that a wrongful death can have on a family, and we are here to provide compassionate support and strong legal representation.
When you choose our firm to handle your wrongful death case, you can expect:
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in New Mexico wrongful death laws
- Thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death
- Identification of all responsible parties and potential sources of compensation
- Aggressive negotiation with insurance companies and opposing parties
- Preparation for trial and skilled courtroom representation
Our Albuquerque wrongful death lawyers understand that no amount of compensation can ever replace your loved one, but we believe in holding those responsible accountable for their actions. Our goal is to secure the financial support you need to cover medical expenses, funeral costs, lost income, and the pain and suffering caused by the loss.
Put an Experienced Trial Lawyer to Work for You
Ensuring that you have the best chance of a favorable outcome when fighting at-fault parties or their well-funded insurers in serious injury or wrongful death claims is essential. Working with our highly-experienced trial attorneys can bring peace of mind knowing that your case is in the hands of proven professionals who have successfully resolved even the most complex litigation matters in the civil courts.
Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation with one of our Albuquerque wrongful death attorneys. We are here to listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide the guidance and support you need during this difficult time.
Arrange for a free initial consultation with an Albuquerque personal injury or wrongful death attorney to discuss the details of your case. We can be reached via online message or at (505) 247-4800 for appointments.
PHMB represents Attorney General
PHMB prevails for New Mexico Educational Retirement Board
PHMB Partner Matt Beck Receives Award
PHMB Partner Sara Sanchez Prevails
PHMB Partner Matt Beck Testifies On Change to Legislative Ethics Bill
PHMB Attorney Rebekah Gallegos Selected for National Hispanic Bar Association Top Lawyers Under 40 Award
PHMB Partner Mark Baker Publishes Article on State Constitutional Interpretation with Judge Linda Vanzi
PHMB Partner Sara Sanchez Argues on Behalf of New Mexico Legislature Before the New Mexico Supreme Court